[mass_adapt] Helen Kobek's book *Everyday Cruelty* now in fine form on Bookshare - DAISY and BRF

  • From: EJ Kobek <ejkobek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 21:30:07 -0500

Hi, folks,

I'm writing to let you know that *Everyday Cruelty"* has been reformatted
to be user-friendly in both DAISY and Braille Ready File (BRF). Many
thanks to Ann P. who labored with me for weeks and weeks, guiding me in
what to do to repair the icky format from before....

I have test-run both the DAISY (using Victor Stream) and the BRF (using
Braillenote) - the problem issue - that the numbers in the chapters
(hundreds of them) didn't show up because they were in bulleted list
format, and it was very hard to get the distinction among items -  has now
been fixed....All those bulleted numbers have been replaced with real, live
numbers....

Here is the Bookshare zipfile link for *Everyday Cruelty":*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1705745/BSO_Everyday_Cruelty02.zip

For folks who might know people who want the ink print version, it can also
be found on Amazon and Createspace.

THANK you for your patience and very valid annoyance with how inaccessible
this book was for non-ink print readers. I really apologize for that. And I
learned a great deal in the process of reformatting it.

Again, Ann P. is an amazing friend to all of us....thank you, Ann!

Just FYI: *Everyday Cruelty *is also expected to be audio recorded for NLS
in the future. I'll let people know about that.

Warmly,

Helen