[marc-education-committee] MARC need a topic for NEXT week (the 13th)

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-education-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:30:57 -0700

Hey, MARC Education Committee,

I'm looking for an instructor and class for next week (the 13th).  This will be the advanced class.  If I don't have something lined up, I can re-present my mesh networking class and we can discuss the Murray Amateur Data Network proposal I have been working on.

I have already got the general topics meeting on the 20th set up... Dan (N7XDL) is going to talk about GMRS and how it relates to amateur radio.

I'd like to get at least a couple of months ahead of the game on lesson planning, so if there is something you want to talk about, let's get something lined up.  I know Sherwood wants to have a hands on class on assembling cables (at least PowerPoles, but probably should cover things like coax termination as well). Maybe we can do something like that in February for the advanced class.  I'm willing to purchase some PowerPole sets and some wire so people can experiment and I have the crimp tool already.  I'd like to have some BNC, SNA, and UHF (type N) connectors and some coax, too.  Will need to look into the tools for coax termination.

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--
Jan L. Peterson