[marc-education-committee] Re: Echolink Class for MARC and Taylorsville

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Doug Davis <dougcdavis@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:32:42 -0600

Hey, Doug,

I think we have it worked out with the Taylorsville club to do the 2nd Thursday for our combined Echolink class.  This will be October 14th with the meeting starting at 6:30 PM at the Murray Fire Station #81 (located at 4848 S Box Elder St... Box Elder is 35 W).  The meeting room is on the South side of the station.

If you want to combine IRLP with this, I have no objection to that.

If you would like to do it again the next month with a more advanced class on setting up and running your own node, that would be awesome, too!  That would be November 11th, I believe, but will look at coordinating that with the Taylorsville club as well.

Now, for the technical details, we generally try to Zoom and record our meetings.  If you have the Zoom client on the computer you will be using for the presentation, that would work best.  I can provide access to the fire department's WiFi and I'll take care of the recording from my own computer on the Zoom.  The room has two large monitors available and the hook up is HDMI, so if your machine doesn't have HDMI, let me know and we'll work something out.

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

On 9/13/21 14:29, Doug Davis wrote:

Thank you, Jan. I can do a presentation on Echolink and IRLP (or either topic alone). I've done this before, a few years ago, and I can update that.

Yes, Taylorsville still meets via Zoom, because of unavailability of City Council chambers, our usual meeting place. Troy, N4HAM, is the President, and Gary, AG7PY, coordinates in-person training. They are included in the cc: addressees above. I have already committed to present Echolink and IRLP to TARC in October. Apparently plans are coming together!

TARC's usual meeting day is the second Wednesday evening of the month. Can you work with Gary to agree on a convenient day and time?

This is at a basic familiarization level, for an individual user. Not for a sysop who might want his or her own node serving other operators.

I'm looking forward to presenting to MARC and TARC--together if possible, but separately if necessary. Most Thursdays work for me. I'm familiar with MFD Stations 81 and 83, through ARES. I can bring my own Windows laptop for a PowerPoint, and even my own HDMI cable. I'll dust off my presentation for you. About 25-30 minutes, plus Q&A.

Doug, AD7LO
/Sent from my cell/