[mainekitchen] recycled marx. or, the left is the lair or liars

  • From: "Jim Caron" <jcaron16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mainekitchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:42:53 -0500

Sarah Palin's father harassed by IRS six times since 2008
Thomas Lifson

The problems with a politicized IRS may be far more serious than we have yet
suspected. Sarah Palin's brother Chuck Heath, Jr. posted the following on his
Facebookaccount January 11th:

  My father, who worked multiple jobs and faithfully and honestly paid his
taxes for fifty years, had never heard a word from the IRS. In 2008, his
daughter was tapped to run for vice president of the United States. Since that
time, he has been, in his words "horribly harassed" six times by the agency.
They've tried to dig up something on him but he's always operated above board.

  Government and politics are ugly. Kudos to the few that are trying to clean
it up. (hat tip: PJ Tatler)

Assuming that this is true, it represents either a remarkable coincidence, or
(more likely) a pattern of political abuse by the most powerful and most feared
arm of the federal government dealing directly with everyone who lives in or
enjoys citizenship in the United States. This is frightening, to say the least.
And in what may be even worse news, it appears that the shambolic
"investigation" of the IRS targeting of conservative nonprofit groups is about
to claim that there is nothing to see here, move on. Devlin Barrett of the Wall
Street Journal:

  The Federal Bureau of Investigation doesn't plan to file criminal charges
over the Internal Revenue Service's heightened scrutiny of conservative groups,
law-enforcement officials said, a move that likely will only intensify debate
over the politically charged scandal.

  The officials said investigators didn't find the kind of political bias or
"enemy hunting" that would amount to a violation of criminal law. Instead, what
emerged during the probe was evidence of a mismanaged bureaucracy enforcing
rules about tax-exemption applications it didn't understand, according to the
law-enforcement officials.

  While the case is still being investigated and could remain open for months,
officials familiar with its progress said it is increasingly unlikely any
criminal charges will result. That could change, the officials cautioned, if
unexpected evidence is discovered that alters their thinking.

Gee, I guess when Lois Lerner took the Fifth Amendment, she was just kidding.
There was no crime committed.

The New York Post editorializes:

  Maybe the FBI is right, that it's just all a big misunderstanding, that IRS
officials were only at the White House for Easter Egg rolls. Even so, our
Constitution doesn't leave accountability to the judgement of the FBI. To the
contrary, our system holds that the American people, through their elected
representatives in Congress, have the right to know what their government is
doing.

  In short, if the threat of criminal charges has in fact been removed, there's
no more excuse for Lois Lerner not to tell us, under oath, what she was
apparently afraid to say in May.

It is time for an IRS Special Prosecutor. This is a lot more serious than Chris
Christie making TV ads for New Jersey tourism.

Read more:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/sarah_palins_father_harassed_by_irs_six_times_since_2008.html#ixzz2qTCIZRgB
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

JPEG image