[macvoiceover] Re: wiretap studio query

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:21:45 -0700

Hi Scott
Yes, wiretap is quite accessible with Voiceover. However, which one you want to buy depends on what you'll be doing. If you're going to be doing a lot of recording system audio and such things, then you'll want Wiretap. If on the other hand you'll be doing a lot of audio editing such as joining files, effects, multi-track etc then you'll want a sound editor such as Amadeus Pro or Sound Studio. Wiretap's editor is very minimal, just designed for some slight touching up of your recordings after you've made them. Wiretap's mainpurpose is to record audio from your Mac applications and/or your mic at the same time, it's not a full sound editor. Wiretap has a trial version, as does sound studio and Amadeus , so why not give them a try and see what will fit your needs best?
hth

On Jul 21, 2008, at 2:35 AM, Scott Rutkowski wrote:

HI all.

can anyone please tell me if wiretap studio from ambrosia software is accessable with voice over or not?

I'm trying to decide wether to buy sound studio or try wiretap studio.

Also regarding sound studio, do you have to install the extras that come in the dmg file when you download the sound studio trial?

How much is sound studio to buy?