[macvoiceover] Re: what happened to the wiki?

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:37:25 -0400

I kind of like the built in apple help.

----- Original Message -----
From: "MaryLee Perkins" <marylee925@xxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:30 AM
Subject: [macvoiceover] what happened to the wiki?

At some point, I read about a wiki for using VO, but it is no longer
available. That which comes from Apple is not quite what it should
be, and real users would do a better job of making a user's
instruction. The JAWS tutorials are among the best I have found for
anything, and they might serve for some kind of model.  Each concept
is in a seperate html document, which trains the user to make use of
the navigation concepts while learning other skills. There are audio
files, too, but that kind of passive instruction is not nearly as
useful.
In order to make computers usable for the non visual user, there must
be a well laid out method of self guided instruction. The people who
have made comments on this list serve seem to be very sharp computer
users. I bet you folks could make a great user's guide for VO.