[macvoiceover] Re: web browser wars!

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:45:16 -0400

Keith,

This is interesting. In fact, an overwhelming number of tools and developpers have ben developping for i e for a long time justifying themselves by saying that i e was the market. Well, no more, now, safari can look like ie.

On Apr 28, 2008, at 2:08 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

This is something that folks are not really willing to talk about, however, some one should!

Some months ago when Apple entered in to the mainstream browser race and maid Safari for windows, those who heavily support IE felt threatened and started optimizing there sites for IE. Some sites that worked fine with Safari just a few months ago are now giving those who use Safari problems. Apple is aware of this and is in the middle of compensating for it. Firefox for the MAC does not suffer from these problems, however, although Firefox is some what usable with Voiceover, you need to jump through some hoops to use it. I am in no way an expert on website coding and construction, this is a general over view of whats going on. Some times, it is not a problem with the website owners, but the tools they are given to use in creating a website.

HTH.