[macvoiceover] Re: update on notetaker syncing

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:47:40 -0400

I would bet that the only notetaker on which MissingSync will work is an FS PAC Mate. While a couple of others use Windows CE, programs like this require the Windows Mobile interface which, to the best of my knowledge, is not available on non-FS notetakers.

To release a notetaker (or anything else for that matter) with Windows Mobile installed a team must pass a long series of tests which cost a ton in payments to the independent testing company and a single failure means you've got to go the entire process again. It's very expensive and I doubt most other AT companies have the resources to pull it off.

I think it would behoove GW to build something like it. The Windows world is overwhelmingly dominated by JAWS (approximately 90% market share worldwide), GW could cozy up to the Apple people with their hardware and probably cut a pretty sweet deal if neither FS or Humanware got there first.

cdh
On Jul 10, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Rossy wrote:

hi dona,
it has been like this for me since february.
i got my macbook for s. valentine's day, and since that day it never stopped to make me wonder.
rk

Il giorno 10/lug/09, alle ore 22:40, Donna Goodin ha scritto:

Hi all,

Sorry to have disappeared, it’s been sort of a hectic day.

I did manage to find someone else who uses a notetaker, and he seems to think you can sync it with Missing Sync. So, I guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed until I get a chance to try it. Meantime, I’m so excited about getting my Macbook! I have to say, between this and the iphone, I feel like I’m having Christmas in July!
Cheers,
Donna

Rossy
nulla è più potente di un idea di cui il momento è giunto.