[macvoiceover] trouble downloading a .pdf file

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:58:04 -0700

Hi all, somebody sent me the voice over getting started manual, in pdf
form, and I have my mail going to this 98 se machine, for now, so I
uploaded it to my little site, but when I went to download it with the
mac, I got this dialog, with two unlabeled radio buttons, and they were
either selected, or unselected, and the second one was selected, but I
changed it to the first one being selected, and still, I couldn't
download this file, so I could put it in my documents folder on the
mac, so, first of all, can you download .pdf files, and second of all,
how do you turn this function off with the two unlabeled radio buttons
in safari?  This was the only method I knew of to get files from my 98
se machine to the mac, so finally, I just sent it to myself, and used
the save attatchment elipses to save the file to downloads, and then I
moved it to my documents folder on the mac.  Thanks in advance for any
help.  I will say, it did show the getting started with voice over
text, but it only read a little bit, before giving me a screaching
sound.

Marty