[macvoiceover] Re: the accessibility of microsoft messenger and skype with voice over

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:27:33 -0500

And as far as Microsoft messenger goes, it is somewhat accessible, but a lot of us are using Adium, from http://adiumx.com,which can be used to connect to multiple messenger services, such as MSN, AOL, ICQ, etc. Using Adium is the most accessible solution if you want to do anything with MSN on the mac. Hope that helps you.

On Nov 30, 2008, at 6:05 PM, John Hess wrote:

Good evening to you. As far as skype goes you can use the vo curser to move to the contacts table. ONce there you can either use up and down arrows or interact with the table using the vo curser and then use vokeys up and down arrow to move through the table. I use the regular arrows without the vo curser and it works right. Remember, vokeys are control and option.
On Nov 30, 2008, at 12:08 PM, ahmed alomran wrote:

hi all
I am a new user of mac voice over O S X version 10.5. I am wondering about the accessibility of Skype and Microsoft messenger with voice over. I have made several attempts to reach to the list of contacts in both applications but I haven't managed to find an easy way to get to the list of contacts. could any one tell me what is the best way to navigate in both applications?
kind regards.
ahmed.

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab