[macvoiceover] Re: spell check in mail

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 20:50:07 -0400

Awesome!!!!!!
On Oct 7, 2008, at 8:24 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

John,

This is great, so simple, I will use tthis.

Oh and BTW, thank you, you just wrote a guide.

Keith Reedy

On Oct 7, 2008, at 8:02 PM, John Hess wrote:

Mike, the best way to spell check a message is to use Command-Shift- Semicolan to activate the spell checker. Press Vokeys up arrow to bring focus to the spell checker and then Vokeys down arrow until you hear the first misspelled word. RElease the Vokeys and just press down arrow to review the suggestions and when you hear one you press enter and the next misspelled word will be heard. Press down arrow to move through the suggestions and hit enter on the one you like. If you don't like any of them you can type in what you think the spelling is and when you hit enter it will move to the next word. This way also works in text edit. I use it for everything. You can also check spelling on the web. Example if you are using web mail and you want to spell check your message this method will work. Have a great day.

On Oct 7, 2008, at 7:18 PM, Mike Arrigo wrote:

Hi all, ok, here is another interesting one. When I spell check a message, I can tell when it encounters a misspelled word, but when I press control option shift m for the menu, this doesn't work. Do I need to do something different here since this works fine in text edit.

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab