[macvoiceover] Re: something wrong i think

  • From: Mike's Western Account <mbabcock06@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:22:35 -0800

thanks
Now, thanks to twitter, you can see everything i'm doing or thinking, visit
http://www.twitter.com/creepyblindy
and follow me if you have an account;)

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Osx counts the number of terminal sessions as individual users. If you have multiple windows open, you'll get this kind of information. You can get the users themselves by typing users at the prompt. If it just shows you twice, then you know you have multiple sessions open, and it's nothing to be concerned about. It's unlikely another user is on your machine, unless you've setup remote services of course. Then again, it's possible osx counts some process or other as a user, and that's what you're seeing as well. I honestly don't know, but my machine does the same thing (now that you pointed it out) and I think it started happening after I installed fusion, though I could be mistaken on that. I can't say I'm all that pleased with the way fusion intrudes into the os, butt it likely can't be helped, so if we want functionality, we'll need to work with it I suppose. (btw, I'm still not getting anywhere near useful working using fusion, think I'll just stick to bootcamp)

On Aug 18, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Mike's Western Account wrote:

hi all;
ok so when i do the following command it tells me there are 2 users. I'm just logged into my personal account and have no other user accounts on this machine. Is someone remotely connected? thanks
Last login: Mon Aug 18 08:34:00 on ttys000
michael-babcocks-macbook:~ mike$ uptime
8:38  up 18:58, 2 users, load averages: 0.17 0.28 0.30