[macvoiceover] Re: some safari questions

  • From: Sam Troia <samtroia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:29:07 -0500

Hi, Mary,

I can help you with Safari bookmarks.  To organize my bookmarks, the first
thing I did was to interact with the bookmarks bar.  To do this press
command-option-b Your focus will then be on a search field.  Vo-left-arrow
twice immediately passed the vertical splitter and there is a table which, when
you interact with it, will have the bookmarks bar as one of its rows and you
can select it.  Then I like to have my bookmarks organized into folders and you
can make your desired folders by vo-right-arrowing passed that splitter again
and you will find two buttons.  The first is to create a new collection and the
second is to create a new folder.  You can create tÎhese folders so that they
appear in the bookmarks bar table in alphabetical order.  After you get all of
your folders made, when you are on a page that you wish to bookmark, press
command-d Îfor add bookmark and you can then choose the appropriate folder in
which to put it.  Unfortunately, you can't organize the bookmarks in each
folder alphabetically, but at least you will have your desired folders.