[macvoiceover] Re: saving web links in folders

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:43:04 -0600

Just going to ask a couple of clarifying questions.

When you say you want to save a link, do you mean the web address, or the
actual content of the webpage? Actually, I guess it is just one clarifying
question after all.

If you are looking to save links as web addresses, you can do so in the
bookmarks folder in safari. There is an option to edit folders right in the
bookmarks menu. It's fairly intuitive, just takes a little bit of poking around.

If you are looking to save the content of your webpages for research purposes,
you can ave or export the page as a PDF, which strips a lot of the links and
images and leaves you with mostly just the text. Otherise, you are right that
you need to save it as a web archive. The way that Wikipedia lists their web
links as references may give you some guidance. They give a standard sitation,
including the url of the page, and lists the date accessed to give some context
if the page has changed since the reference.

If the webpages are articles which aren't likely to change, you should be able
to get away with just bookmarking the web addresses in the bookmarks folder in
safari, organized into folders so they are easy to find.

Hope this helps,

Ian

On Sep 25, 2015, at 7:59 AM, Ian Harrison
<harrisonclan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear listers,
I am doing a degree and am organising modules into folders. I would like to
save links to online resources in their relevant folders, but my only choice
seems to be as a web archive, which means it is a static file with an address
on my computer and not on the web.

Is there a way to save a normal link in a folder? I am using mountain lion.

With thanks