[macvoiceover] reading the serial number of your Mac:

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 08:19:49 -0400

Hi,

There are two ways to get the serial number of your Mac.

1> from the apple menu on the menu bar, choose about this mac and use vo
keys with arrows to find the version of the os you are running.  use
vokeys-shift-space and it the serial number does not show up but the build
does instead, do it again with shift-vo keys-space.  It is right there then
and you can even interact with and read it character by character.

2> from the apple menu, arrow down to system profiler and whack enter the
serial number is one tab over in the section entitled hardware overview.

I have to ask, is there a way to and if so how can I get the serial number
of my windows machine?