[macvoiceover] questions regarding the new audio highjack pro

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:39:22 -0800

Hi all, first of all, since the interface has changed in the new audio
highjack pro, when you press the highjack check box, is there any way
to turn off the dialog that comes up every time, because on the demo of
audio highjack pro that was done on the screenless switcher's podcast,
that didn't happen, and there was even a control that said, highjacker
off, that is not in this one, plus, when I record, it starts right
away, but there is silence at the end of a recording, after it has
stopped, but I made a file, and it had over 2 minutes of silence at the
beginning, so in the new audio highjack pro, where do you go to tell it
to stop recording when there is no audio?  In the dialog that appears,
there is a pop up button that says fill silent gaps with, and at first,
I had it on nothing, then, I moved it to silence, but it seems the only
way I can immediately stop a recording is by being in the audio
highjack pro window, and press the record check box when the audio
stops, so I know this is long, but any help would greatly be
appreciated.  I don't know why they didn't leave older versions of
audio highjack up there to download, in case one didn't know about the
new interface.

Marty