[macvoiceover] questions regarding low bit streams with vlc player

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:22:51 -0800

Hi all, I have both my windows 98 machine, and my mac mini going in to
a linksys router, and I noticed, that when accessing a low bit stream
such as the genesis network streams from gcnlive.com, that sometimes,
in fact, most of the time, the first time I access that low bit stream
in a given mac session, that when the stream connects, it cuts on and
off, it may do this, as much as ten or fifteen times, sometimes less,
and then it connects, but this does not happen with broad band streams,
so is this a bug with vlc player, or something to do with my router,
because this does not happen on my 98 se machine, so thanks for any
assistance.

Marty