[macvoiceover] preparingPreparing for Lion with CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner)

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:14:58 -0700

Hello List,
JUst some thoughts on prepairing for Lion.
I set up CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and I really love it. It's extremely easy to
use and it's 100% accessible for VO users.

Not only is it easy to make a complete clone, or a incremental backup, it's
also really easy to boot from and use it on the external drive.
The log details are well written and    easy to understand.
Restoring the original drive is also really easy to do.

CCC is produced on a shareware kind of concept and it uses a donation request
field. This is available within CCC as well as on the site.

http://www.bombich.com/

So, why am I posting this?
In light of Lion's upcoming launch, I just wanted to really be prepared. No
matter what you use as a backup utility, CCC or Super Duper or any other backup
package, I strongly suggest that you cover all bases and be completely ready
for the new exciting move to Lion!

Dan