[macvoiceover] Re: playlists

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:39:06 -0500

or fn backspace.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cheryl Homiak" <chomiak7737@xxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 1:19 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: playlists

My method for adding songs to a playlist is pretty much like John Hess's
though i might word it a little differently. Once you get used to doing
this it isn't difficult, and if I have multiple songs to move i prefer it
to doing one song at a time. This may not delete the songs from the
original playlist; if not and if you want them deleted, you can do that by
hitting the delete key and following the dialog prompts with the songs
selected; there may also be an item in the context menu that you used to
put the files in the new playlist for deleting the selection.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you want to create a playlist
and already know what songs you want in the playlist, you can use the
'create playlist from selection" option, either under file in the menus
9vokeys-m) or with command-shift-n. Then you can add more songs by either
John's or Keith's method.

Here are the steps for creating a playlist from selections; it's much
easier now that itunes is accessible.

Open iTunes.
Go to sources; interact and make sure you are on your Music playlist or
the playlist from which you want to move songs. If not
vokeys arrow to it. Then stop interacting.
Go to your songs outline and vokeys-arrow down to the first song you want to
put in your playlist. When you are on that song, do vokeys-shift-f3 to turn
off cursor tracking. This allows you to select multiple songs instead of
just
that one you are on.

vokeys-arrow down to the next song you want in your playlist. Press
vokeys-cmd-space and that song will also be selected.
Repeat this action--vokeys-down to song and press vokeys-cmd-space--until
you have selected all the songs you want in your playlist.
Stop interacting with outline.
press vokeys-f6 to find out what is selected; it should tell you how many
rows are selected and start listing them.
do cmd-shift-n to create playlist from selections.
When asked for the name of the playlist, vokeys-arrow till you are in the
edit field; space to get rid of the "Untitled Playlist" title and type in
the name you want.
Hit enter.
Your new playlist should be created and your selected songs should be in it.
Turn cursor tracking back on with vokeys-shift-f3. this is important; if you
do not do it, the cursor won't select anything when you try to go back into
the sources or songs lists to check what you've done.
Go to the songs outline; interact and find out what songs are there.

If you want the songs deleted from the original playlist you will need to
do that.
remember that when we talk about the delete key on the Mac we are talking
about the backward delete key or backspace key.

I've done all this in Leopard but I think it should work in tiger too.

--
Cheryl