[macvoiceover] Re: piano recording

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:06:15 +0000

Hey,
Firstly, is the keyboard you're using a midi keyboard, or is it a standard keyboard with a line out jack? If it's a midi keyboard, it should already have a lead to connect to the computer.

If it's a line out type keyboard, simply plug an audio cable into the line out (or headphone) jack on the keyboard, and into the line in on your mac.

ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 04/01/2011 13:59, Don wrote:
Hi,
I have ask this before, and never got the answer I was looking for, probably because of the way I asked. I am trying to record a song off the keyboard, into a mac, please tell me how to go about it. Apple tech said all I needed was a usb to usb cable and that would do it. Would I now have to use the line out plugs on the keyboard into the mac. I ask because usb to usb cables are $40 and that is high when you don't know if it will work. Someone please help and tell me how Thank you. Don