[macvoiceover] Re: performing an accessible install of macosx?

  • From: Caitlyn Furness <lavendar@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:44:36 -0400

It's a really easy and neat process, too!  I had an apple tech guy talk me
through the process with Mark's mac when we were having trouble with it.

You shut the mac down first.  You put the dvd into the slot and power on the
mac while holding down the  down the c key.  You hold the c key until the dvd
slows turning/moving.  After a little time, maybe three or five minutes, a
voice(not Alex), will come on and ask questions about language preferences,
locations, etc.  Total installation time was something like 40 minutes or
something like that.  We didn't have to sit with it, we let it do it's thing
and had supper while it installed.  When we came back, everything was all done.
 It was pretty painless compared to what we were used to and very nice to not
need a pair of working eyes(especailly the only working ones around here happen
to be canine-lol!)

hth,
Caitlyn

Caitlyn Furness