[macvoiceover] Re: openoffice release candidate available

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:30:43 -0700

Hi
Yes I've played with it. My observations are as follows:
1. Stability has not been improved.
2. The spreadsheet is much more accessible, it's quite useable when it doesn't crash. 3. Most of the access issues in the wordprocessor, such as the lack of any text attribute information and treating each paragraph as a separate edit field have not been fixed. This makes any sort of detailed proofing impossible, as basic information such as alignment cannot be gathered. Further, it makes the reporting of selected text inaccurate. These are my observations so far. I'll stick with Nisus and Tables for now, since for me these really are show-stoppers.

On Sep 20, 2008, at 07:22, John Hess wrote:

Has anyone tried the open office release candidate? It's available. I am gathering this is a step above beta and something they are considering putting out barring any problems experienced by those trying it. I am downloading it now.
John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab