[macvoiceover] Re: oddness with VO and the newest Adium

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:45:09 -0600

        I haven't noticed the VO issue with Adium's chat area and embedded
links, but have noticed the inability to move the VO cursor left or right, at
times, when inside the chat window.  I've also noticed, in places, an
extraneous character, which, when you use VO-w, is voiced as "Zero Width, No
break Space".  I've surmised that this could be part of the problem, but am not
sure.  These problems have manifested themselves in the last several updates to
Adium.

        Also, I've noticed another strange thing, since the 10.6.5 update.
Adium has been crashing, for no apparent reason, even with today's update.  I'm
not certain, but think it's directly related to something in the 10.6.5 update,
as this problem started just after installing it.  FYI, these crashes have
occurred when I'm not at the computer - they've never happened while I've been
chatting.  For reference, I'm running a white, 13-inch MacBook with an Intel
Core 2 Duo processor at 2.16GHz, 4GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive.

        I'm told that Apple's big focus in the 10.6.5 update was video drivers,
so perhaps this could be contributing to the funky interactions between Adium
and VO.

        I did try disabling cursor tracking, prior to interacting with Adium's
chat area, and that does seem to help.  Excellent suggestion - that and sending
feedback to the Adium team!  Thanks!

Regards to the list,

Ron J.