[macvoiceover] Re: new member and new to mac

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:50:08 +0100

I made the switch from windows last October and have never looked back. The mac is excellent and even when you think you can't do something, someone always has the answers. This list has helped me and now I like to help others.

:)
On Apr 27, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Over the past nine months or so I have made the transition from being a nearly full time JAWS user (I had to spend a few hours per month in Ubuntu where I used both orca and emacspeak fo for accessibility). I have a lot of knowledge about how to move to VoiceOver for those who suffer from "JAWS on the Brain."

Today, almost all of my computing activity is done on a Macintosh but I still need to use Windows and GNU/Linux from time to time which causes some strange results as I toss my brain into a context switch.

I honestly think the hardest thing about learning VoiceOver is the process of "unlearning" some other screen reader.

The people on this list are absolutely terrific and, if you like, you can write to me directly with questions on making the transition easier you can call as well during reasonable waking hours on the east coast of the US.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Apr 27, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Peggy Fleischer wrote:

Hi:

My name is Peggy and I have recently purchased a Mac and am learning to use voiceover. I joined the list last night so wanted to introduce myself. I have already gotten some good information from the archives and the home page. I look forward to learning all about my mac and voiceover and to meeting you all.