[macvoiceover] Re: itunes question

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:17:43 -0500

If you use a program like softcon data burn, you can fill in all this information if your files don't contain the information for whatever reason.

You can find the softcon data burn at http://www.softcon.com/mac/
Hope this helps.

On Sep 17, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi
Make sure the "write CD Text" option is checked. Also, some drives don't support CD Text, the option will be dimmed if this is the case with your drive. On those drives, iTunes will pull the CD information down from its internet database. Depending on which database it uses it may not be able to identify your burned cd--some are based simply on the media catalog number, while others are much more in depth and will also be able to identify your CD through song characteristics such as lengths, pregap/postgaps, etc. I don't know how in depth iTunes's DB actually is.

On Sep 17, 2008, at 7:28, Ginny wrote:

This might be slightly OT, as it doesn’t completely relate to VO, but does anyone know how to make track names show up on a CD? Like when you burn a playlist to disc, it seems that the track info isn’t retained. Is there any way to make this happen?
Thanks much.
Ginny