[macvoiceover] Re: hulu and netflicks with osX

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:50:26 -0500

Anyone can use those basic sites with VoiceOver. Hulu and Netflix, on the
desktop at least, are just web sites. You use the web site to browse what's
available. When you select to play something, then a Flash or SilverLight
player opens to play the content. Those players aren't accessible, but you can
still use the web sites to find the content and start the players.

That situation will change very soon, though. I've almost completed work on
something that will help us resolve these particular accessibility problems.
Don't want to be too much of a tease *smile*, but it is almost ready, except
for the installer. Hopefully, I'll finish with that last part this week.

With the first version, though, you'll have complete control over the Netflix
and Rhapsody players. It's already working here, and lots of fun. I'll probably
add Hulu support, but I want to put out a first version for people to use
before I start trying to add new features. In general, I think that it will
help with lots of web apps.

Will post info on here first thing.

Bryan