[macvoiceover] help with Radio Shift

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:57:41 -0800

Hi friends,
I wonder if anybody on list is using the latest version of RadioShift
from Roage Amoeba software. It was just released this month. I
downloaded it and read through the manual. The interface has some
unlabeled buttons. I managed to change the view of search results from
a graphic one to a vo-friendly table by selecting the radio button in
an unlabeled group of two; the default selection gives the graphical
view. Having done that and done a search, I get a table with 3 columns,
the first column is an unlabeled button, the second is the station name
and the third is a brief description. I thought pressing the unlabeled
button in column one would activate the station found on that same row
in column 2. I tried that with several stations, and there was no audio
and no change that I could see  voiing around on the screen. I should
note that I made sure all the players were in stalled, so whatever
stream radio shift finds should play ok. I also note that the manual
talked about being able to click on a station and a details page would
come up where you would find a listen now button. I did try that with
the space bar and with the up and down  arrows together in quicknav
mode. No dice. This sounds like a great app, and there is a coupon
giving you 5 dollars off if you purchase by the end of the month. But I
did want to try it out and  see if I could work it, and thus far, no
go. So any help from experienced users would be appreciated. One other
thing, I do have VO set to read help tags, and I didn't hear any on
those unlabeled buttons.

Sorry this is kind of long and rambling, but I wanted to get all the
relevant info in there.

Mary