[macvoiceover] Re: flash drives

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:47:48 -0500

They are indeed spotlight index files.
You can turn off this behavior, by telling spotlight not to index such drives. The exact procedure for this process is lost somewhere in my collection of documents here, and a quick search of apple's site didn't turn up the procedure, but it is possible, I've seen the process explained before. Perhaps someone else will have better luck than I did in turning up the exact process. I agree, they are sometimes irritating, and can get in the way, but they are easily removed, so for me, it's not really that big of a problem, so I've never turned off the behavior.