[macvoiceover] Re: downloading audible book

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 11:49:10 -0600

First, did you check in your Downloads folder to make sure it hadn't
downloaded. Nothing will necessarily appear to happen when you press the link
and so it's possible to download something more than once without realizing it
then you end up with the book downloaded several times with a number in there
showing it's the second or third download.

Secondly, in safari I find the best way to be sure I am on the download button
for the right book is to start tabbing when I am at the right book. Eventually
what I usually hear is "internal link: download" and then I do return or
vo-space. Then I immediately do cmd-option-l while still in safari and that
will bring up the window that should show the download process. Alternatively,
you can go to finder and open downloads there and look for a file that ends in
.download if it isn't finished downloading.

--
Cheryl

"Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24 (HCSB)

On Feb 6, 2015, at 9:44 AM, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi.  I was trying to download a book from my audible library the other
day, found a link that said click to download, but nothing ever
happened.  I tried clicking the mouse, but no joy.  I am using Yosemite
and I would like to know how to do this and if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
How do
you spend it?

        John