[macvoiceover] Re: discussion about brailledisplays with voiceover: pls give you opinion

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:47:17 -0600

I have a question about how braille is done on the Mac with voiceover.

Is the braille a direct communication of what is on the screen or is the
braille simply a rehash of what the speech part of voiceover gives us? If it's
a speech rehash, that would explain why you have the cumbersome descriptions
for radio buttons etc. Also, can you mute the speech and just use the braille
or are you stuck with speech all the time along with the braille?

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!