[macvoiceover] determining screen resolution

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:13:40 -0800

Hi all, it would seem that a larger screen resolution would make voice
over, in some instances, render some parts of the screen more readable,
but every time I go in to displays, it says 800 by 600, and I can't get
voice over to read the current screen resolution unless I go to the
table, and arrow down to something like 1024 by 768, but then when I go
back in to displays, it still says 800 by 600, so, does voice over have
a set screen resolution set for it, and how do you know what that
screen resolution is?  I ask, because, when using ventrillo, some of
the display from the dock bleeds over in to the ventrilo dialog, and if
I'm not careful, I end up clicking on something that is in the dock, so
what screen resolution should work best for voice over, and how does
one make the resolution you picked in the displays dialog stay where
you want it?  Thanks for any assistance with this.

Marty