[macvoiceover] bugts was: Re: Re: Accessible TV listings

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 08:07:39 -0500

... and all this time, I thought we were talking about tv listings. There are dialogs indeed that have been updated in system prefs. as for not being able to hear dialogs spoken, this was more the case in tiger than it is in leopard. Now, you can have information spoken automatically that was not spoken before when you tab through dialogs. You will find all sorts of noise making stuff in the vo utility verbosity announcements.

On Nov 13, 2007, at 4:20 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

How many of these situations are reliably replicable? Any that are need to be written up and filed as bugs against VoiceOver at least and possibly leopard if Leopard broke things. If the same stuff didn't work in Tiger then improvements haven't reached that part of the architecture yet. If something worked in Tiger that now no longer works, then you found a bug. This is probably the best argument that can be made for actually installing an operating system with continuing support onto two separate computers with the new version on one and the older version on the other for about six months. That way for those that have enough resources to have two computers (not all do) real contrast tests can be done.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, David Poehlman wrote:

yes, voiceover on leopard.

On Nov 12, 2007, at 4:26 PM, V. L. Owens wrote:

Yep, but I'm running leopard.