[macvoiceover] Re: braille translater?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 08:43:26 -0500

louis by Greg Kearney will do translations into files, which you can
then either read on your braille display or emboss. It uses the
liblouisxml software. I don't know how up-to-date it is. Go to
http://www.abilitiessoft.com/downloads.html and select the link for it.
I'm
working with a group that is developing a cross-platform braille
translator and emboser.

John

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 09:15:11AM -0400, Josh Kennedy wrote:
> Hi
>
> Are there any good braille translators that work with voiceover in case I get
> a braille embosser, or in case I want to translate braille to text?
> Also can I get different braille tables for the mac so I can read text on the
> web in german chinese japanese and other languages? braille tables for
> voiceover's braille display support?
>
> Josh
>

> > Click on the link below to go to our homepage.
> > http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
> >
> > Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link below.
> > //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover
> >
> > Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to
> >  macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web
> > interface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA