[macvoiceover] Re: apps I use all the time.

  • From: ashley cox <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 21:42:30 +0000

google notifier allows you to enter your password into it and then just open
the application to access your mail account. It also notifies you of new google
mail, without having a lot of mail comming into your inbox. I use my google
mail for my sebsite and like to keep my inbox tidy.

you can find google notifier on the google melp help page.

hth

ash
On 1 Jan 2010, at 20:39, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

> Just a question, why do you use Google Notifier instead of just configuring
> your account with the mail program? If you just don't want to enter your
> password all the time, that might also work for you. Basically I'm wondering
> what Google Notifier does...
> Thanks!
> On Jan 1, 2010, at 2:47 PM, ashley cox wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Here is the list of apps i use all the time, i probably missed some out:
>>
>> 1. adium, and instant messenger for loads of im accounts.
>> 2. skype.
>> 3. safari and web kit.
>> 4. sound studio.
>> 5 garage band.
>> 6. audacity.
>> 7. wave pad.
>> 8. text edit.
>> 9. vmware fusion, mainly for running linux though sometimes windows.
>> 10. mail
>> 11. Bean for the html creation on my website. Perhaps somebody can
>> reccommend a nice html app that works with vo?
>> 12. calculator.
>> 13. google notifier - if you have googlemail, you have to have this. It
>> gives you access to your email inbox without having to type in the password
>> all the time.
>> 14. activity monitor. This program is great for keeping an eye on your mac,
>> i did a review of it for my a.c tech podcast.
>> 15. Line in. a free app that lets you hear the sounds going through your
>> line in input.
>> 16. paragon ntfs for mac. This isn't really an application, it's a driver
>> that allows your mac to read and write to ntfs drives.
>> 17. Onyx good mac cleaning tool.
>> 18. disk utility.
>> 19. Simple synth.
>> 20. Switch audio converter.
>>

>> Sorry they're not in order, and these are just a few of the 274 apps on this
>> mac. LOL!
>> ash
>>
>> personal website:
>> www.ashleycox.co.uk