[macvoiceover] Re: apple i d question

  • From: carlene knight <cknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:14:41 -0700

Hi;

A lot of companies will charge your card a dollar or two simply to see if it's valid and is really yours when you first open an account. I think Apple is one of them. If so, you will get it back. I can tell you that you're not charged every time you access Apple sites or the store or access your account.. You may want to contact them for peace of mind.

On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:57 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

give apple a call and ask about the charge.

On Aug 26, 2009, at 7:08 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I just ordered snow leopard today, and got an email regarding
creating an apple i d, and it said I had to go to the apple site to set up a pass word, but when I went there, it said something like, to reset
your pass word, but the up shot to this, is that I got popped for $2,
so do you always get charged a dollar when going to the apple site?  I
didn't know which button to push when resetting my pass word, because
the buttons were unlabeled, but I don't want to be dinged a dollar
every time I change something on their site.  If this is off topic,
please write me off list, but I decided to order snow leopard over the
phone, so I should get mine on Tuesday.

Marty