[macvoiceover] Re: an ssh question

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:15:06 -0600

You may want to try rcp

Greg KEarney
On Aug 24, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Mike's Western Account wrote:

hey all;
is there a way with terminal for me to get a file off a remote CentOS server? I want to edit a file:
/etc/asterisk/sip.conf
but do not have an ftp account set up on that server, if i did i would just
cp /etc/asterisk/sip.conf /home/ftp/sip.conf
but right now do not have an ftp account (looking up how to do that on google right now). I just need to add 2 lines to this file to get my asterisk system working again;( grr, any ideas?
mike
ps is there a way i could edit it on the server?
mike
Now, thanks to twitter, you can see everything i'm doing or thinking, visit
http://www.twitter.com/creepyblindy
and follow me if you have an account;)