[macvoiceover] Re: all kinds of softwar

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:44:46 -0600

See my notes below:

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Apr 3, 2008, at 4:40 PM, William Windels wrote:
Hello folks,
perhaps a question that can also be useful for the new people:
Which software is already available and accessible on a installed systems
(10.5), for the following things:
* cdburning

Part of the OS and accessible, Also SimplyBurns is free and accessible.

* newsreaders
* dictionarys (for translations or to explain words)

Oxford English Dictionary is installed and accessible

* games

None come installed that I can think of, Mac is not much used for gaming.

* something like a audiostudio
* daisy-software: creator, player...

For creation DTBmaker and Daisy Pipeline are free. Work is progressing on a player.

* chat: msn, irc skype
iChat is installed, accessible and handles a number of systems.

* podcastsoftware
thx
best regards and good night
William