[macvoiceover] Re: adding streaming to a play list

  • From: "Ron J." <Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:41:33 -0500

Hi everyone!

I think I've found a solution to this problem. I can tell you, right off, that you cannot right-click on a stream - not even my sighted roommate can do that! He can, however, click & drag, a stream to the playlist of his choice, but this does us VO users no good. Once a stream is in a playlist, however, you can. Apparently, the list of streams is a "special" list, and Apple hasn't implemented a contextual menu for it.

What I did was to use the "New playlist from selection (Command+Shift +N)". YOu go into your "Sources" list, select "Radio Stream", then, go into the "Songs" list, open the folders you want streams from, turn VO cursor tracking off (Control+Option+Shift+F3), make sure nothing is selected (Command+Shift+A), then, using the VO "Select" command (Control+Option+Space) select all the streams you want on a playlist, do Command+Shift+N to make playlist from selection, enter a playlist name, in the edit box, then click "OK". Don't forget to reactivate cursor tracking, before you issue the Make Playlist from Selection command, otherwise you won't be in your edit box, to enter the playlist name!

Now, if you select this playlist, select a stream, and click play, you'll hear it. Also, you can press "Previous" to go to the previous stream, or "Next" to begin playing the next stream.

This Apple Script, which was recently sent to the list, will certainly do the job, as well, but for those of us who don't do a lot, or anything with, Apple Script, this method is a round-about way, but it works!

HTH?

Ron

On Apr 16, 2007, at 1:14 PM, John W. Hess wrote:

Oh good! so it's not as simple as we thought. Excellent!!!!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Reedy" <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>