[macvoiceover] Re: VueScan problems

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 21:58:46 -0700

Hi Cheryl,

Well, I re-installed my old version of VueScan, 9.0.73.  When I went to Prefs
and checked External Viewer, once again there was no option to choose an
external viewer, but, this time, when I clicked on the "More" button, the "add"
button appeared after external viewer, and I was able to choose Read Iris 12 as
the external viewer.  Now when a scan is finished, Read Iris automatically
opens, just as it had done in the past.  I am still not able to choose Read
Iris 12 as the default application to open TIF files, but, it doesn't matter
now that my external viewer is Read Iris 12.

Cheryl, thank you so much for all your help with this.  I had no idea what to
try next, and, your tip about unplugging the scanner before installing VueScan
was the missing link.  I wish they would put a note about that on their
website... could have saved me a lot of time and frustration.

But, thanks to you, all is well once again!

Have a great evening! :)

Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!