[macvoiceover] Re: Twitter Clients.

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:13:22 +0000

Hi,
This is awesome. If and when you need testers, i'd be willing to test.
ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 25/02/2011 04:13, Travis Siegel wrote:
Well, with a quick check of the source (it is indeed opensource, and judging from the page where the source is located, The original author is perfectly willing to work with folks on fixing/improving the program, so I'm fairly certain, there'd be no issue with making another fork for a mac port. Unfortunately, I'm only a mediocre python programmer, so this will teach me a lot, as well as challenge my python skills to make this work.
I'm confident it can be done though.
So, there we go.
At the moment, from what I've seen, it's very much windows centric, and it will take some work to get it whipped into some simblance of order as a mac app, since there's quite a bit of things that need to be rewritten/replaced, but the core of the system should work without too much hassle, so the short answer is: Yes, a port to the mac is possible. The long answer though is that it will take some time, and I'll need to get a lot more familiar with python code probably before the complete port is made. The text-to-speech portion will be relatively easy, since osx provides fairly well for that, so we will have that part p and running pretty quickly, most of the other add-ons though might be a problem. I'm not sure what some of the windows components are (yet) so researching and finding replacements for those that work on osx is likely to be the toughest part of the port. However, if this can be dne, I see no reason why the entire functionality of the qwitter client can't be ported cleanly to the mac. I'll keep folks posted, and of course ask for volunteers for testing as porting progresses. I'll also make the author aware of my efforts, in case he's willing/able to assist.
Hope this helps.

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover