[macvoiceover] Re: Third party lightning adapters

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:39:30 -0600

After doing a bunch of searching for a third-party adapter, I decided to go
ahead and get the unit with the direct lightning connection after all, As it
has a couple of enhancements not available on the older version anyways. Based
on what you said though, I think I'll be OK getting a third-party adapter to
get my old Dock speakers up to speed with my new phone.

Thanks for all the patient advice,

Ian

On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:37 AM, Ignasi Cambra Díaz <ignasicambra@xxxxxx> wrote:

I have tried third-party products and they usually work just fine, but for
some reason I always end up buying the original. I think the Lightning
connector is relatively complex and requires devices to use certain chips, so
if something isn’t working I would rather know it’s not because of the
adapter. Again I am really no expert and this is just my opinion, but if you
truly don’t want to spend the $40 it might really be worth trying the
unofficial adapter, which will most likely get the job done.
On 16 Sep 2015, at 07:26, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone have any guidance in choosing between an original authentic Apple
adapter for Lightning to 30 pin vs. a third party product? Here in Canada
it’s a difference between $7 and $40.

Thanks,

Ian