[macvoiceover] Re: The BookShare Library and .xml files

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:17:45 +1300

Chrome has the same problem as Safari, 'Content is Empty'
Are you referring to the nightly builds of Firefox or Webkit /
Webkit being Safari it also fails.
In reading around there were comments that Firefox was good for xml, and I
ignored this knowing it is not VO accessible, but then considered saving the
page in a different format, as the Menus are VO accessible.
Fortunately it worked.
It is not as easy to navigate as it is in the DAISY system but DAISY is not
accessible to Mac users.

TF

On 2/10/2012, at 2:41 AM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you try the same thing with Chrome, or was there something special about
Firefox? I've tried the nightly Firefox build with accesssibility, and it's
close but not quite there yet.

Is there something about the bookshare xml files that means they can't be
opened by a word processor? I don't have an xml file to save, but my
understanding is it's a format that should be able to be opened across
programs. Again, I assume bookshare has it set up in a particular way and this
causes an issue.

Peace,

Ian