[macvoiceover] Re: Skype contact groups

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:52:32 -0800

Marty, I'm not quite understanding your question. It sounds like you've done everything right. Are those two groups the ones you'd like to have displayed?… The online group should be showing you only those contacts that are actually online.

I'm not sure why you'd get any option at all (such as 'all') when you activated 'show contact groups' but other than that, it sounds as if everything is working as it supposed to. Yes, you should now have the 'hide contact groups' option available to you, as you do.

Sorry if I'm not understanding you here. Do feel free to clarify if you like, K?…

Have a great day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jan 9, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Cara, what happened for me, is, I pressed enter on the show contacts
menu, and only found one option, which was all, so I exited the
contacts menu, and found the manage groups sub menu, and there, I found things like on line, etcetera, and it is worth noting that when I start skype now, I have two trees in the table, the all tree, and the on line
tree, and I can expand or collapse either tree with the right and left
arrows, and now, the item in the menu that use to say show contact
groups, says hide contact groups, so should I have pressed enter on the show contacts groups menu? Thanks, just a misunderstanding on my part.

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:35:27 -0800, Cara Quinn wrote:

  Hey All, let me clarify right up front, that at the moment, as far
as I can tell, grouping doesn't show busy / away status without
creating a new group.  YOu can have groups to show you who is online
or off, as well as those that might be waiting for your contact
details and such.

  I'm currently researching how to add criteria to a group you
create, as I'm sure this is possible to do.  This may allow one to
show busy / away status and such.  Now whether it's actually
accessible with VO at this point, is another story.  <smile>

Okay, so here goes.

• Go to your Contacts menu and click on 'Show contact Groups.'

• Now, in the same menu, you should have a new option available to
you, which is 'Manage contact Groups.'

• In this new option, you should find two choices, Create new Group
and Preset Groups - choose the later

• Now simply check the groups that you'd like to show up in your list.

  This should be all you need to do to get the contacts view showing
you who is online and such.

 Hope this helps and will post more as I know more, K?…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

---
View my Online Portfolio at: