[macvoiceover] Re: Safari Busy (SL)

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:11:45 -0400

Hi,

Sure,

You can put in Your SL installation DVD then restart your Mac.  When you here
that Chime the Mac makes when you just turn it on, hold down the letter C.
This tells your Mac to boot from the DVD.  Wait about 2 or 3 minutes.  If you
don't hear voiceover, press command F5 to turn it on.  Be warned, System volume
will be set at 100% so be prepared. lol.  For Lion users, No DVD is needed.
Just press Command R instead of the letter C at start up.  Its been a while
since I've done this using SL but, I think it will ask you the language you
want and its on english by default so you just press continue.  A window might
appear asking you to install snow leopard.  You can hit cancel, go back,
command w, etc. to close this.  Sorry I can't be more precise. :).  Now in the
menu bar in SL, there should be a utilities menu.  In here you should find
something pertaining to disk utility.  And in here you will be able to repair
permissions and disk.  For lion users, there will just be a table as soon as
you turn on voiceover with disk utilities being the last option in the table.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org

On Jul 29, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Nicole Hutchins wrote:

Ricardo,
I did a few repair permissions but from the os. Can you tell me how to do it
another way?

Nicole
Sent from my iPhone