[macvoiceover] Re: SL - showing file extensions

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:49:20 -0600

Hey Nicholas!  Thanks for this!

Russell
On 2009-09-19, at 4:04 PM, Nicolai Svendsen wrote:

Hello,

Going into your Finder preferences, and going to the advanced button and selecting it, you'll find a check box named "Show all file extensions". Make sure it's checked. That should do it.

Seems to do the trick for me in all applications as well.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Nic
On Sep 19, 2009, at 11:52 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi all,

I downloaded an intake form I needed to fill out. It's in PDF format, to, on my Windows machine I converted the file to a text document, opened it in MS Word, and then saved it as a Word document. I then brought that word document and the original PDF to my Mac machine to see if I could fill in the form. I tried it in Pages, but there's no attributes given when I press VO T. I tried it in Nisus Writer, and it's a bit better, but's it's quite a long form and I need it for Monday, so decided I'd email the files back to myself and do it on my Windows machine.

So, I started a new email message and went to attach the files, but I couldn't tell which file was which. I had 4 files with the same name, but different extensions, but in the attach file dialogue box, only the file names showed. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Thanks,

Russell