[macvoiceover] Re: SL and Widgets

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:39:46 -0400

There are two ways Mike that you can access widgets and probably three if you use the doc. dashboard is the app that does all the widget work. the hotkey to get there is f12. you will land on a widget. to access more, press vo-f2 and press f2 again while still holding down vo. This should get you started. some widgets can be configured and to do this in snow leopard, find the word info with o and press vo space on it to get to the controlls.

On Oct 18, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Michael Busboom wrote:

Hello everyone,

Although I have had my computer for a few months now, I am only now starting to get interested in widgets. While I believe that the article on theicanworkthisthing.com site will be helpful, it may lack one important piece of information. On the other hand, it might not, and I may lack the understanding that others might have.

My question is this: What program on the Mac do I use to begin setting up widgets? In one place in the article, it says:

“Here is the way to find new widgets, now over three thousand, news, weather, sports
and so much more.
From the widget bar, choose widgets and press VO keys-Spacebar. In this list you can VO keys-right and left arrow through your listed widgets and uncheck them to
disable them….”

I am just wondering how to get to the widget bar in the first place.

May all of you have a great Sunday!

Mike