[macvoiceover] Re: QuickLook Re: Reading attachments in mail with command-y.

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:57:20 -0500

Jane, quicklook is for more than just mail.
You can turn on quicklook while you're in the finder, and it will show you every file you highlight. This means music files will play (so you can hear them) files will show in a window so you can see their contents, and so on. It's a really great feature, especially for the audio files, I can't thank apple enough for this feature. I think you'll like it once you get used to it. And, remember, another command-y turns it off for when it gets too irritating. *grin*

On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Jane Jordan (gmail) wrote:

What is QuickLook?  No, wrong question.  Let me try again.

How is QuickLook different for us than opening anm attachment in TextEdit or iTunes, or something? Can you *wsave* if you like what it looks like? Or do you have to go through all the fun of savingf the attachments the old way after using QuickLook to look at them?

For that matter, does QuickLook work on regular documents outside of Mail?
Jane

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

I gave this a try and it is way too cool!

Keith reedy