[macvoiceover] Re: Programming on the mac

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:04:44 -0500

Xtools has always been accessible with voiceover, since early in the 1.2 series. The problem isn't with the ide, it's with the interface builder for cocoa projects. It's still impossible to build a cocoa program interface from scratch without sighted assistance.

It always has been, and still is.
Admittedly, with each new release of xtools, the inaccessible items become fewer, but it's still not there.

On Aug 5, 2007, at 11:26 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

You might want to try xtools under 10.5 it now seems to have become accessible.

Greg
On Aug 5, 2007, at 22:11 , Rich Caloggero wrote:

Do you use an IDE to write Java, or a simple text editor?
If you use an IDE, which one? How easy is it to lookup documentation for a function, class, or any other object the cursor is placed on? Can you compile and run something from the editor, and then be taken to the offending line of
code via a keypress if there are errors?

-- Rich