[macvoiceover] Re: Problem with Red Iris 12

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:35:40 -0600

Hi Cheryl & all,

Well, I tried scanning something in VuScan, and when VuScan finishes scanning and Read Iris opens, pressing command R to recognize the text only results in the dull sound indicating that the action can't be carried out, and once again, pressing VO with any of the arrow keys results in the message that Read Iris has no windows. I haven't even been able to open Read Iris and register it to see if I'll be getting it for free or not! Very frustrating, and while I appreciate that you say having no windows isn't a problem, in this case it seems to be a major problem. I tried re-installing Read Iris but this doesn't seem to help. I tried pressing VO N or command N to open a window, command o, to open something, but nothing! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell

On 2009-09-24, at 9:41 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

First of all, having no windows in an application in and of itself is not a problem. In many applications you just open a window with cmd-n or whatever the key combination is in the particular application and in any case, if you are using readers with vuescan, a window will open in readers most probably when an import is done from vuescan to readers.. Also, it's not a problem to have two versions of readers on your computer. for a while I had a folder with the demo and another one with the version I bought and there was no problem.

I'll probably upgrade also but I don't get it free; I have to pay $40 which is still better than paying full price.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,