[macvoiceover] Pro Level - a speaking and VO compatible peak level meter

  • From: A-Pro Studio <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 03:15:00 +0100

Hi,

Setting the correct input level when recording can be a pain to anyone that is blind, even with analog peak level boxes around.

But a few days ago I found Pro Level, a little utility app that shows a level meter, clip and info on mono compatibility of stereo signals. You can add meters for as many channels you like at once, allocate them to any of the channels in your hardware setup, and save settings for each window.

Best of all, in just a few days, after I told the developer about VoiceOver and the need for a speaking level meter, he simply did it. Version 1.1 of this $20 shareware app is now VoiceOver compatible and will automatically speak the label name of any channel when it is clipping. Current status of the level of any selected channel pair is also spoken in dB when pressing command-K. There is an option in the prefs to turn speech on and off. More info and demo at:

http://www.katsurashareware.com/pgs/prolevel.html

Take care,
John André

----------

Kontakt info: (Contact info in english below)

A-Pro Studio

Postadresse: Postboks 9 - Nordås, 5864 Bergen
Mobil/SMS/MMS: 97 16 87 94

Mail: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.a-pro-studio.no
Skype chat: aprostudio

For snail mail and phone calls from outside of Norway, please use:
A-Pro Studio, P.O.Box 9 - Nordaas, NO 5864 Bergen, Norway
Mobile phone/SMS/MMS +47 97 16 87 94